LIOSSIS STAMATIS-NICK, Professor
Sector: Division of Internal Medicine Ι
Clinic/Laboratory: Department of Internal Medicine
Knowledge Subject: Rheumatology
Research Area: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus B and T cell physiology Signal transduction in human lymphocytes
Division of Rheumatology Dept of Internal Medicine Patras University Hospital 26504 Rion 1st floor, Rheumatology Outpatient Clinic
Summary of Curriculum Vitae
- Introduction to Clinical Μedicine (Semester: 1st)
- Introduction to Clinical Skills - First Aid (Semester: 2nd)
- Clinical Skills I (Semester: 3rd)
- Clinical Skills II (Semester: 4th)
- Musculoskeletal system – Connective tissue diseases (Semester: 6th)
- Internal Medicine (Clinical Training - Cardiology/Nephrology) (Semester: 9th & 10th)
- Internal Medicine (Clinical Training) (Semester: 11th & 12th)
- Rheumatology (Clinical Training) (Semester: 11th & 12th)
- ΠΒ4. Αρχές Νοσολογίας, Ιατρικής Πρακτικής και Μεθοδολογίας (ΔΠΜΣ ΠΕΖ)
- Liossis SN, Kovacs B, Dennis G, Kammer GM, Tsokos GC. B cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus display abnormal antigen-receptor-mediated early signal transduction events. Journal of Clinical Investigation 1996; 98:2549-57.
- Liossis SN, Ding XZ, Kiang JG, Tsokos GC. Overexpression of the heat-shock protein 70 enhances the TCR/CD3- and the Fas/Apo-1/CD95-mediated apoptotic cell death in Jurkat T cells. Journal of Immunology 1997; 158:5668-75.
- Liossis SN, Ding XZ, Dennis GJ, Tsokos GC. Altered pattern of TCR/CD3-mediated protein-tyrosyl phosphorylation in T cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Deficient expression of the T-cell receptor zeta chain. Journal of Clinical Investigation 1998; 101:1448-57.
- Tsokos GC, Liossis SN. Immune cell signalling in lupus: activation, anergy and death. Immunology Today 1999; 20:119-24.
- Liossis SN, Solomou EE, Dimopoulos MA, Panayiotidis P, Mavrikakis M, Sfikakis PP. B-cell kinase Lyn deficiency in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Journal of Investigative Medicine 2001; 49:157-165. Enyedy EJ,
- Nambiar MP, Liossis SN, Dennis GJ, Kammer GM, Tsokos GC. Fcε receptor type I γ chain replaces the deficient T cell receptor ζ chain in T cells οf patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism 2001; 44:1114-1121.
- Katsiari CG, Liossis SN, Souliotis VL, Dimopoulos MA, Manoussakis MN, Sfikakis PP. Αberrant expression of the costimulatory molecule CD40 ligand on monocytes from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clinical Immunology 2002; 103:54-62.
- Katsiari CG, Liossis SN, Dimopoulos AM, Charalambopoulos DV, Mavrikakis M, Sfikakis PP. CD40L overexpression on T cells and monocytes from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus is resistant to calcineurin inhibition. Lupus 2002; 11:370-
- Liossis SN, Tsokos GC. Monoclonal antibodies and fusion proteins in medicine. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2005; 116:721-9.
- Liossis SN, Bounas A, Andonopoulos AP. Mycophenolate mofetil as first-line treatment improves early clinically evident scleroderma lung disease. Rheumatology 2006; 45:1005-8.
- Liossis SN, Sfikakis PP. Rituximab-induced B-cell depletion in autoimmune diseases: potential effects on T cells Clinical Immunology 2008; 127:280-5.
- Kalliolias GD, Liossis SN. The future of the IL-1 receptor antagonist anakinra: from rheumatoid arthritis to adult-onset Still’s disease and systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs 2008; 17:349-59.
- Equally first author. Daoussis D, Liossis SN, Tsamandas AC, Kalogeropoulou C, Kazantzi A, Sirinian C, Karampetsou M, Yiannopoulos G, Andonopoulos AP. Experience with Rituximab in scleroderma. A 1-year proof-of-principle study. Rheumatology 2010; 49:271-80 (E-pub: May 2009).
- Equally first author. Daoussis D, Liossis SN, Solomou EE, Tsanaktsi A, Bounia K, Karampetsou M, Yiannopoulos G, Andonopoulos AP. Evidence that Dickkopf-1 is dysfunctional in ankylosing spondylitis. Arthritis and Rheumatism 2010; 62; 150-8. Equally First author.
- Crispin JC, Liossis SN, Kis-Toth K, Lieberman LA, Kyttaris VC, Juang YT, Tsokos GC. Pathogenesis of human systemic lupus erythematosus: recent advances. Trends in Molecular Medicine 2010; 12:47-57.
PhD Theses Advisor
- 1. Effects of rituximab treatment on the Treg and Th17 subpopulations in patients with rheumatoid arthritis 2. Analysis of the Th1/17 T cell subpopulation in patients with Systemic Lupus erythematosus. 3. Effects of B cell depletion treatment on T cell subpopulations in patients with diffuse scleroderma